Aurora Prize for Writing 2019 – Terms and Conditions
The opening date for the competition is 25th March 2019.
The closing date of the competition is 26th June 2019.
- There is no limit on the number of entries
- No alterations can be made to poems or stories once entered
- Entries must not have been published before (including self-published, published on a website or broadcast in any way)
- All entries will be online, and only accepted through Submittable – via www.writingeastmidlands.co.uk
- Entrants must be aged 18+
- Entries must be written in English. Translations are not eligible
- Non-cash prizes are not transferable and cannot be exchanged for cash
- Writing School East Midlands course will be delivered as a voucher to the value of £75 (which is not transferable for cash)
- The judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into
- Writing East Midlands reserves the right to change the judges without notice
Poems and Short Fiction
- Entries can be on any subject
- All entries are judged anonymously so the writer’s name must not appear on the work itself or in the file title – any submissions which feature the writer’s name will be disqualified without a refund
- All poems must have a title and must not exceed 60 lines (excluding title)
- All stories must have a title and must not exceed 2000 words (excluding title). Stories should be 2.0 line spaced, 12 point font
- Poems and stories must be the original work of the entrant.
- The first poem/story submitted costs £9.00 Subsequent entries by the same writer cost £7.00 per poem/story.
- Payments must be made in £ sterling.
- Prizewinners will be notified by the end of August 2019
- The copyright of each poem remains with the author. Authors of the winning poems or stories, by entering the competition, grant Writing East Midlands the right to publish it on its website and use it in promotional material
- Entry implies acceptance of the rules. Failure to comply with all the rules will result in disqualification.
Writing East Midlands is unable to pay travel and accommodation costs for winners attending the prize giving.