COVID-19 Activity update 06/04/2020
Like many organisations, we continue to follow the latest Government and Public Health England advice about responding to Covid-19.
We suspended all public activity in late March, but we are doing what we can to support everyone during the lockdown with online content and activity, and by developing and helping to signpost you to all of the wonderful creative resources that have been set up or offered more widely during the crisis.
We are offering a weekly digital roundup newsletter, of literary activity from across the region, which you can sign up to by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Our Young Writers Groups are now being delivered as online workshops until June, and you can find out more about that here. We are also exploring moving other activity online, during this time, as appropriate and more details will be shared in our newsletter.
It has been necessary to suspend the following activity:
- The Writer’s Conference
- Young Writers’ groups in all areas (now being offered as online workshops)
- Writing School Leicester and Nottingham courses
Arrangements will be made to refund monies where appropriate, or option credit notes for future activity, where activity is indeed cancelled and not postponed. If you need conversation around this please refer to the contact details below.
The office will only be staffed sporadically for the time being as we are establishing home working. This will mean that calls will not be regularly picked up so please email us instead and we’ll get back to you as soon as we can, but do bear with us.
Contact details: • Finance and refunds contact Heather – email@example.com
- Marketing, communications, events, and website contact Gary – firstname.lastname@example.org
- On-going projects such as Elder Tree, all Writer Residencies, Oral History of the Menopause, Writing Off Hate, contact email@example.com
- The Writers’ Conference, contact Anne – TWC@writingeastmidlands.co.uk
- Children and Young People groups and projects contact Sian -firstname.lastname@example.org
- Writing School short courses contact Clare – email@example.com
- Funding queries and support, project development, and partnerships, and the organisation as a whole contact Henderson – firstname.lastname@example.org
- General queries to email@example.com
Follow us on Twitter @WritingEM and Facebook WritingEM if you don’t already, where we will be sharing as much online-accessible content for writers as possible.
Henderson, Aimee, Heather, Sian, Anne, Gary and Clare.