Online or by telephone
LoveLit is offering a limited number of 30 minute one-to-one sessions with award winning author Sophie Draper via Facebook Video or phone. Price £17
Fiction Novel Writing for Adults in any genre.
Please note that Sophie doesn’t cover poetry, picture books, Children/Young Adult or short stories.
Sophie Draper is the award-winning author of psychological thrillers for adults. Her debut novel, CUCKOO, published in 2018, won the Bath Novel Award 2017 and the York Festival of Writing Friday Night Live Award 2017. Her second book MAGPIE was published late 2019. Both her books were selected as Fern Britton Picks and hit the no 1 spot in the Bookseller’s Heatseekers Chart. MAGPIE was also selected as an Asda Killer Read and reached no 11 in the Sunday Times Paperback Fiction Chart. Sophie’s novels have been published in the UK, US and Canada.
When not writing, Sophie works as a traditional oral storyteller, telling stories for schools, groups, museums, historic houses and arts venues. She lives in rural Derbyshire with her family of three growing boys.
For more information about Sophie and her writing, see www.sophiedraper.co.uk
Please book your session and then email the information requested below to firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday 8th June. Please state whether you require option 1 Talking about your own writing or 2 Talking about how to get traditionally published and the Facebook Video or Phone options.
There are two options for the sessions:
Talking about your own writing – this is for people with a current work in progress. You might want to ask about the different stages of editing, how to get moving again if you are stuck, novel structure, characterisation, points of view, writing a synopsis or pitch and using that to focus your thoughts on the story, any story problem or technical concern – Sophie will do her best to help in the allotted time.
Talking about how to get traditionally published – this is for people who want to discuss the next steps – how to get published. You might want to ask about finding an agent, how to submit to an agent, writing a covering letter, synopsis, pitch, handling feedback and rejection, what to expect and how the publishing process works, how to work with a publisher, how the money side of things works. Note – Sophie has no experience of self-publishing so regretfully cannot advise on that.
For both options, please submit the following (in one document):
• The first 2 pages of your novel.
• The synopsis, 250 words maximum.
• A short biography of your writing experience so far, 150 words maximum.
• Any specific questions you have about your writing, up to five questions.
• Everything must be double-spaced in 12-point font Times New Roman.
• Please make sure your name and Facebook contact ID and tel number is in the top header.
• Please format everything as Word documents or PDF’s.
• For Facebook Video sessions: Lovelit will send you a link to Sophie’s Facebook page for your meeting via email a few days before the session – all you need to do is be on standby at the agreed time and Sophie will Facebook Message you using the Video app. Please supply your Facebook ID.
• For Phone sessions: please supply a UK telephone number and Sophie will ring you at the agreed time.
• Please note sessions cannot overrun to ensure time does not encroach on the next session – thank you for respecting that.