Put creative writing at the heart of your Artsmark Adventure!
The Artsmark Award celebrates schools that champion the arts and strive for excellence in their provision. As well as recognising schools that make the arts come alive, the Artsmark award is a useful, practical and valuable tool for enriching a school’s arts provision and ensuring the myriad benefits brought by the arts are infused across the curriculum and the school community. Artsmark is delivered by Arts Council England.
Your school can apply for an Arts Mark award here: www.artsmark.org.uk
Writing East Midlands supports many schools each year to engage with professional writers to encourage creative writing skills and confidence among their pupils. Creative writing can be used to bring alive all parts of the curriculum – through our writer in residence programme we have supported schools to place poets in science labs, establish school poet laureate schemes, write and perform feature length plays and much more besides.
Writing East Midlands can support schools to put creative writing at the heart of their Artsmark Adventure in the following ways:
- Building relationships between your school and professional writers
- Helping you to plan and develop a creative writing residency so that your students and staff get the very most out of it
- Supporting your students to achieve an Arts Award (link to page) through their engagement with creative writing
- Signposting your students on to other creative writing and arts activity that they might want to be involved in
- Delivering writer-led CPD sessions for your teaching staff and governors, focusing on using creative writing with students for whom English is an additional language – see It’s Our Write (link to page)
To find out more about Writing East Midlands’ education programme, please contact us on 0115 7934110 or on firstname.lastname@example.org