Make a weekend of it at #wemconf2015
Spend a few days in this beautiful city with its wealth of literary and cultural myth and history. Get to know our Rebel Writers: Byron, Lawrence, Sillitoe, explore our fantastic spoken word and literary events, gigs and venues, while away a few hours in our wonderful bookshops, and even have a look in the Dukki shop (where you’ll learn the meaning of the word mardy!)…
Where to stay?
We have some lovely hotels and B&Bs, some of which are offering special prices over the Conference weekend.
The Orchard Hotel
Based on the University of Nottingham’s University Park campus, this is the closest hotel to the Conference venue but is fully booked for Saturday 28 March. It has some availability for Friday 27 March. Prices start at £127.
Holiday Inn, Nottingham Castle Marina
- Set in a peaceful marina location, the red-brickHoliday Inn Nottingham is a pleasant canal side stroll from Nottingham’s bustling city centre. There’s ample complimentary parking on site and wireless Internet is available in all guest rooms.
- Castle Bridge Road, Castle Marina, Nottingham NG7 1GX
- Prices from £69
- A reliable hotel which is situated very close to campus – short walk, taxi ride or bus journey away.
P & J Hotel – Bed & Breakfast
- A family-run hotel with recent extensions and refurbishments. Bar & lounge facilities for guests, with a large-screen TV, pool table and a classic jukebox. Afternoon tea also available.
- 277-279, Derby Road, Lenton, Nottingham, NG7 2DP
- Prices from £49
- Fifteen minute walk from University Park Campus. A nice ‘mid-point’ between campus and the city centre for people wishing to visit both.
The Grove Guest House – Bed & Breakfast
- A popular, family run 9-bedroom guest house offering competitively priced accommodation.
- 8, Grove St, Beeston, Nottingham, NG9 1JL
- Prices from £27.50
- May be a good option for people who want to stay away from the city centre and close to campus.
Saco Apartments – Self Catering
- Overlooking The Park with one or two bedroom apartments and staff on hand 24/7. A short walk from the city centre and within reach of University Park Campus.
- The Ropewalk, Nottingham, Nottinghamshire, NG1 5DQ
- Prices from £72 per night
- Minimum stay is two nights – both Friday and Saturday. Might be a god option for people travelling together and wishing to spend weekend in Nottingham/who prefer self-catering rather than hotel.