Writing East Midlands
exists to help creative writers in the region develop their writing careers and skills.
We provide career development opportunities for writers at all stages of their careers. Our courses, workshops, and mentoring programmes are always led by professional writers and practitioners.
Some of the ways we develop writers’ careers include:
- Raising the profile of East Midlands writers among publishers, producers and broadcasters
- Providing critical feedback and mentoring programmes
- Running creative writing courses
- Developing projects which employ writers and develop new skills
- Providing writers with information on jobs and opportunities