Writing East Midlands is seeking to recruit an Education Manager
Hours – 21 hours a week
Salary – £25,000 p/a (Pro-Rata)
Writing East Midlands (WEM) is the writer development agency for the region. We work in partnership with a broad range of cultural organisations – local authorities, universities, schools, arts venues, museums, libraries – to create opportunities for writers. We run writing courses, workshops and residencies, we work with children and young people, and we support a wide range of literature events and festivals throughout the region.
Writing East Midlands creates and develops opportunities for children and young people to engage with inspiring, professional writers through programmes of work designed to nurture skills, confidence and joy in the act of creative writing. The Education Manager provides overall strategic vision for our work with children and young people, and is at the forefront of delivery. Working across the East Midlands region from our base in Nottingham, the position involves:
- Developing and managing an annual programme of writers-in-residence in schools and community settings
- Supporting and growing a network of creative writing groups for young people
- Delivering high profile creative writing events for children and young people such as The Writer’s Den – our creative writing retreat for 9-14 year olds, and the Solstice Prize for Young Writers
- Maintaining our relationships with a range of important organisations and collaborators including professional writers, producers, other arts organisations and venues, libraries, galleries, local authorities and funders
- Developing opportunities for children and young people to achieve an Arts Award through their engagement with Writing East Midlands
- Representing Writing East Midlands at relevant forums and partnership meetings pertaining to cultural educations
- Assisting with developing persuasive fundraising proposals to encourage increased investment for writing activities with children and young people in the East Midlands.
For more information, please download the full job description <HERE>.
To apply, please email a CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5pm on 26th March 2017. Interviews will take place on w/c 3rd April 2017.