YOUNG WRITERS’ GROUPS FOR UNDER 18S
Exploring the world word by word.
Coronavirus and Writing East Midland Activities:
Like many organisations we are following the latest Government and Public Health England advice about responding to Covid-19. This means that we are suspending all public activity until after the end of April. We will then review the situation and be back in touch with the writers, younger and older, who support our work.
• The Writer’s Conference
· Young Writers’ groups in all areas
• Writing School Leicester and Nottingham courses
• Routes to Writing development workshops
Arrangements will be made to refund monies where appropriate, or option credit notes for future activity, where activity is indeed cancelled and not postponed. If you need conversation around this please refer to the contact details below.
The office will only be staffed sporadically for the time being as we are establishing home working. This will mean that calls will not be regularly picked up so please email us instead and we’ll get back to you as soon as we can, but do bear with us.
Contact details: • Finance and refunds contact Heather – email@example.com
• Marketing, communications, events, and website contact Gary – firstname.lastname@example.org
• On-going projects such as Elder Tree, all Writer Residencies, Oral History of the Menopause, Writing Off Hate, contact email@example.com
• The Writer’s Conference, contact Anne – TWC@writingeastmidlands.co.uk
• Children and Young People groups and projects contact Sian -firstname.lastname@example.org
• Writing School short courses contact Clare – email@example.com
• Funding queries and support, project development, and partnerships, and the organisation as a whole contact Henderson – firstname.lastname@example.org
• General queries to email@example.com
We will gradually be moving more activity on-line as we develop more capacity. So do look out for new activity to keep our creative spirits up and sustain the relationships that you’ve made with us and each other.
Follow us on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram if you don’t already.
Henderson, Aimee, Heather, Sian, Anne and Gary.
Do you dream of becoming a famous author, an award-winning journalist, a Hollywood screenwriter or a celebrity slam poet? Or, do you keep a secret diary or a blog and fancy making some new friends?
Take the next step of your writing journey at a Writing East Midlands Young Writers Group. Our groups are all run by professional writers and not only are they fun and friendly, they offer a fantastic introduction to the world of creative writing. Meet other dreamers and explorers and join the East Midlands young writing community.
Come and try fan fiction, short stories, very long stories, poetry, playwriting, hip hop, happy endings and haikus – the list is endless.
As well as regular workshops, young writers take part in summer schools, performances, competitions and receive our e-zine with news, opportunities and work by other young writers like you. Who knows, maybe your work will get published here too?
We currently have groups in Ashbourne (juniors and seniors), Corby, Derby, Leicester Curve, Lincoln, Nottingham and Wellingborough.
If we don’t currently support a young writers’ group in your area, join our mailing list by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org and you’ll hear about future writing events and activities across the East Midlands.
Just click on the buttons below to find the details of your local group.